Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hinged Ring

Hello everyone!

Its been a while since my last post. I've been super busy lately with less than a month left in school. My classes are more demanding now that its the last chance to turn everything in, work has had me for more hours than usual, job hunting and interviews are becoming more important, and planning for my senior show is really becoming necessary. All of these things are great, exciting, important things but combined they add up to not a lot of free time for blogging. However, with so much going on I will have a lot of things to post.

I thought I'd share a glimpse of a finished piece with you. A few posts ago I showed you a silver ring that I was going to submit to Lark Books 500 Rings. Well, I finished the ring and submitted it. I don't want to spoil the surprise in case I am chosen to be in the book, but here is a cropped image of the finished ring to give you a sneak peek of the final piece.



I am close to completion of another piece but I might hold off on posting a picture becasue it's going to be in my show and I don't want to spoil all of the fun!

Until next time,
Gitta

P.S. Just a reminder that my BFA show will be on Friday, May 13 at the Delavan Center from 6:30-9:30 pm. If you are in the Syracuse area I would love, love, love if you popped by to say hello and see some beautiful artwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment