Monday, March 28, 2011

I wish I was back in Munich

Hello everyone,

2 weeks ago I was in Munich to see the Schmuck exhibit at the  Handwerk fair located in the old airport of Munich. It was an amazing trip with jewelry filled days from start to finish. Not only did I get to see important works of contemporary jewelry up close and in person, I got to meet several of the artists. I met Bettina Speckner who is one of my all time favorites. Click here for a link to her website to see her beautiful works. One of the best moments of the trip was meeting Karl Fritsch. Fritsch is a real rock star of the jewelry world and his work was all over the galleries in Munich. The other girls in my group and I bought his book, got his signature (and an original sketch of a ring), and a photograph to document the moment. I can honestly say I was completely star struck. Here it is!
left to right: Kelly, Tessa, Karl, Laura, Me, Barbara and Melissa
Until next time,

Brigitta

No comments:

Post a Comment